Our University client is looking to add a Procurement and Sourcing Specialist to their team for a permanent, direct hire role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Category Manager- Facilities in the execution of a data-driven category plan for the university’s Facilities- related spend categories which includes construction services, restoration services, MRO products/services and janitorial supplies, landscaping services, waste removal services, architectural/design services, elevator maintenance and several others.
- Deliver measurable, quantifiable cost and/or process efficiencies using the university’s established Sourcing Methodology.
- Under the direct supervision of a Category Manager, the Sourcing Specialist will Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop, manage, and execute on category plan initiatives that optimize the appropriate balance of cost and quality based on defined business requirements, including managing competitive bid events and negotiate business terms.
- The role is also responsible for building and managing internal business relationships by providing guidance and expertise on sourcing best practices, including supplier selection, industry insights, negotiate strategies and contracting.
- B.A./B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing or a related field (Master’s preferred, but not required).
- At least 5-10 years of experience in procurement, commodity management, sales, or marketing.
- Results-driven work ethic with strong interpersonal, communication and advanced negotiation skills.
- Proven project management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- CPSM certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience with SAP SRM, Ariba (or other e-procurement tools), travel management, facilities, commercial print, fleet management and contingent workforce management also preferred
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA