Website therightmatch Contemporaries
Do you have what it takes to serve as the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) for a Boston-based University and successfully lead the strategy for ongoing and go-to-market (GTM) marketing objectives for current and new programs? Are you an entrepreneurial thinking creative problem solver with a strong mix of business and technical skills? If so, our client would like to talk to you!
Using best practices in product marketing, you will work cross-functionally across high-performing teams, to develop program positioning and competitive differentiation across all stages of the prospect and student journey. This includes brand awareness, messaging, student experience, creative story storytelling, and the aspects that encompass the evidence-based, best-in-class learning experience.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with the various teams to develop compelling, differentiated product messaging and positioning throughout the learner journey.
- Work with faculty leads and Enrollment Management to build compelling, high-performing marketing campaigns that contribute to increased sales pipeline and new customers.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management marketing to determine the type of advertising and marketing content, such as TV, radio, print, digital or social media, that needs to be created and distributed to promote university programs.
- Become an expert on the market, competitive landscape, and buyer needs and behaviors, with documented materials and regular presentations to educate internal teams.
- Develop and educate teams on our learner personas, the value propositions for each, and develop compelling messaging that will address student needs in a manner that cascades through the organization.
- Collect competitive intelligence and develop strategies for competitive differentiation.
- Conduct market research to continually bring the voice of the market to the school.
- Develop product and solutions messaging, research and feedback, and competitive intelligence.
- Liaise with partners to discover and define joint value propositions, use cases, and co-marketing campaigns.
- Work with Communications and Social Media teams to create compelling content and stories, and academic teams on other outreach such as webinars, events, and speaking opportunities.
- Outline a product marketing timeline along with the Enrollment Management team and oversee its successful execution.
- Work with key stakeholders in academics, finance, and marketing to create, manage and review budgets and the performance efforts for each program.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors whose products or services will be needed for the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Product Management, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in higher education and 8 years of total product marketing experience with a track record of innovation.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, with an eye for quality, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to glean insights from analytical reporting.
- Success working with customers to generate leads, referrals, testimonials, and other customer references
- Experience with persona-based marketing and content generation
- Successful track record of working in a collaborative, cross-functional team
- Creativity with out-of-the-box thinking and an interest in trying and learning new things
- Self-directed, resourceful, and accountable with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.