Our University (Medical) client in Boston is looking for a Program Coordinator with a research/science background, excellent analytical abilities, and strong communication skills to provide program and administrative support to a busy team. This is a contract role with the possibility of extension. Position will be remote to start, and may transition to onsite as needed. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and start is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manages department calendar & scheduling, including correspondence with meeting attendees.
- Assists in the creation of department trackers by running and combining reports.
- Organization and management of projects and events
- Providing data analysis and database management for the program
- Serve as liaison to external groups dealing with specific programs or issues.
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for program and tracking inventory
- Serve as a primary point of contact by communicating effectively orally and in writing via answering emails, responding to phone calls, and greeting customers in person
- Placing, receiving and routing telephone calls; receiving and directing visitors, typing, filing, faxing, handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Liaise between different departments on behalf of the program
- Additional duties as assigned
- Excellent proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Advanced Excel functions needed, especially vLookup, formulas, and pivot tables
- Strong communication skills in person, over phone, and via email
- Excellent interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- Willingness and desire to learn and contribute to new processes, systems, and tools
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Research/science background strongly desired
- BA/BS in any field, or minimum 3 years equivalent working experience
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.