Our University client in Boston is looking for a Project Manager. This is a contract role for 30 – 40 hours a week. The Project Manager is responsible for helping manage team project setup and workflow for the University’s development communications team. The person in this position works closely with all staff members and other development colleagues. The duration of this position is not to exceed nine months.
Essential Functions: (May include, but would not be limited to those listed below.)
- Oversee team project management by creating new projects on the project management platform, updating status, and closing out projects with the appropriate filing
- Assist in the definition of team projects scope and timelines
- Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to project scope and schedule with team’s verification
- Serve as a note taker at project intake meetings and team meetings
- Measure project performance using appropriate analytics and other tools
- Manage relationships with freelancers, agencies, vendors, and interdepartmental stakeholders
- Order supplies and keep supply areas organized
- Maintain filing for printed and finalized digital projects
- Writing (desired): Proofread final print and digital pieces, write for internal online publication (Water Cooler), write shorter pieces for print and digital communications
- Report to the Director of Development Communications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous project management experience is essential.
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks on deadline is important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- must be able to work effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels within and outside universities.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary, especially Microsoft Excel; knowledge of additional project management software(s) ideal.
- Analytical: Intermediate
- Project/Process Management: Advanced
- Computer/Technical: Intermediate
- Office/Administrative Support: Intermediate
- Equipment Operation: NA
- Written and Oral Communications: Advanced
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.