Our University (Engineering) client in Boston is looking for a Purchasing Coordinator with strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills to support their operational needs. Prior Purchasing experience preferred, but not required as long as prospective candidates possess strong administrative/organizational skills. The start date for this role is pending. It is tentatively slated to start in late April/early May.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide a high level of customer service to students, faculty, staff, and the university community
- Maintain accurate budget, procurement records, track expenses, and allocate orders charging the appropriate accounts.
- Place order requests with internal and external vendors and resolve purchasing issues before they escalate.
- Thoroughly track and follow-up with appropriate stakeholders regarding order requests and always confirm delivery and receipt.
- Communicate with vendor and requestor if there are any issues with the order, resolving issues before they escalate
- Identify potential cost savings by researching products and alternatives; generate reports as needed.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing by answering emails and phone calls
- Orders and maintains inventory for the Purchasing Department’s office supplies
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs
- General knowledge of Procurement terminology and practices
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Experience with high volume transactional purchasing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to complete work in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong computer skills including experience with SAP preferred
- BA/BS in any field preferred
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.