Our Union client in Boston is looking for a bilingual (English/Spanish) Reception and Office Assistant to support their team. This is a dynamic role with responsibilities ranging from greeting visitors to processing benefits applications. This is a contract role with the potential for temp-to-perm. This full-time position will be on-site. Immediate availability to interview and to begin working is needed. Only local candidates considered.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering inquiries, and directing visitors
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- Order office supplies from an online portal.
- Assist union members with grievances related to paycheck errors, which includes corresponding with employers via email and phone
- Place and receive calls from phone calls to union members
- Performs clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning, and coordinating mailings.
- Perform data entry.
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Windows, and Outlook applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- General mathematical skills
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (any field) is preferred
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.