Are you a recent graduate with a degree/background in Facilities, Engineering, or Construction (or related field)? Are you looking to work on a dynamic, interesting, and fulfilling project for the next year, with the potential to extend longer? Join Contemporaries’ team as a long-term contractor with our long-standing government client to get your career started with an incredible opportunity!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with operating departments of the agency to document and track accidents and incidents.
- Participate in the evaluation of new and existing project plans.
- Conduct incident/accident investigations involving the agency’s vehicles, facilities, construction sites, employees, and/or equipment.
- Prepare specialized incident/accident reports, root cause analysis, system safety assessments, and corrective action plans as required by the System Safety Program Plan and state safety oversight.
- Work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to mitigate hazards.
- Participate in the review of Safety Personal Protective Equipment as well as other safety equipment.
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor, or coworker, in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the agency’s customer service quality standard.
- Assist with identifying trends for purposes of developing mitigation strategies to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents/accidents.
- Report critical safety/security data to oversight agencies.
- Perform all administrative duties in relation to the tasks listed above.
- Ensure that all required reports and documentation are completed in a timely and accurate manner, and are forwarded to the correct operating areas in accordance with established timeframes.
- Drive a company or personal vehicle to visit/inspect worksites and to assist at emergencies and/or events as needed.
- Perform night and weekend Safety Duty Response in rotation with other safety staff.
- Respond, either directly or through others, to emergencies 24/7.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities, Engineering, Construction, or a related field.
- Two years of experience compiling, analyzing, and reporting information into databases.
- Effective organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel; proficiency in database management systems.
- The ability to effectively communicate with regulatory agencies, community organizations, and others on technical and sensitive matters.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to work any/all shifts and locations.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA