Our Government Agency client in Devens is looking for a Senior Accountant to provide financial support at a senior level to a busy finance and accounting department under the general supervision of the Accounting Supervisor/Controller. This is a temp-to-perm position. Immediate availability to interview is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining general ledger and sub ledgers to include the preparation of more complex journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation, and general ledger monthly close.
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations, verifying all bank deposits, and maintaining banking relationships with various banking institutions.
- Tracking and monitoring grants income on assigned programs.
- Providing guidance and assistance to other accounting department employees, and making suggestions or recommendations for modifications to accounting processes.
- Performing escrow transfers for disbursement requests and opening and closing customer escrow accounts as needed.
- Serving as the finance contact to various department managers within the agency; approving budget for contracts submitted for assigned departments.
- Creating bank wires or transfers as needed for loan disbursements, grants, New Markets Tax Credit monthly transfers, etc.
- Performing other related administrative duties and special projects as required.
- Advanced skills in spreadsheets are necessary
- Proficiency in software applications such as Excel and Word and operational knowledge of automated accounting and database management systems
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance with minimum 3 years of accounting experience (equivalent training and experience can be substituted for formal education)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston