Website therightmatch Contemporaries
Our University client in Boston is looking for an experienced Senior Assistant to provide administrative support to a University’s school and center. This full-time role is initially hybrid but will transition to full-time in the office. This contract role is a potential temp-to-perm opportunity.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all administrative office services and project workflow for 25+ full-time/part-time faculty, and graduate assistants providing continuity of support for group teaching and research endeavors.
- Learn and use computer information systems and software necessary to support center faculty.
- Provide office environment responsive to student needs by having thorough knowledge and understanding of department and University policies and procedures.
- Provide positive student interaction.
- Provide for the secure maintenance of all sensitive and confidential materials; coordinate department effort in the security of premises, keys, equipment, exams, etc
- Provide administrative support to Group Coordinator managing all aspects of operations.
- Manage Group operating budget and Procurement Card expenses.
- Assist with faculty recruiting effort; coordinate faculty candidate visits arranging the schedule of interviews with faculty and deans; communicate with the candidate to confirm times and set itinerary; supply faculty and the candidate with pertinent materials for day of the visit; schedule luncheon and candidate presentation and communicate to faculty; assist the candidate with travel and accommodations; support new faculty member integration with Group: ID cards, email accounts, etc.
- Maintain faculty research data bank.
- Organize and maintain Group’s archive files.
- Provide administrative and operational support for the Academic Center Director, including Organize logistics of the Center guest speaker series and annual international conference.
- Compile and maintain the Center newsletter current on the center website on an ongoing basis and supervise its production on paper on a quarterly basis.
- Assist case competition coach with the preparation of materials and all related logistics for annual case competitions. Perform any other duties necessary to maintain effective operations as identified by the Group Coordinator.
- Systemize and assist in faculty work/projects; receive, prioritize and delegate for the best method of completion and timely turnaround.
- Alert faculty to peak pressure times and encourage the submission of projects to allow for a timely turnaround.
- In absence of other support staff, provide direct support to complete projects.
- Place textbook adoptions and cases each semester for 20 – 30 professors.
- Create syllabi, exams, papers, presentations, spreadsheets, letters, research-related materials, articles to be published in major journals, chapters from books, tent cards, mail merges, etc. Update faculty teaching schedules/office hours each semester Arrange for proctoring exams/tests/quizzes for faculty.
- Support faculty with committee responsibilities, special projects, and professional activities; coordinate meetings and events, arrange rooms and equipment
- Relieve faculty of the burden of many administrative tasks, including ordering audiovisual equipment; ordering desk copies of textbooks; examination copies of cases; class packets for students; sending/receiving fax messages.
- Responsible for change of grade forms, retrieving articles and other materials from the library. Copying, printing, and scanning documents. Receive and direct telephone messages.
- Minimum of three years related experience with a demonstration of increasing responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment required.
- Must have demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to a varying range of needs.
- Exceptional multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with individuals at all levels with diplomacy, discretion, and tact.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work independently, and in a team setting, using sound judgment, and with a demonstrated ability to take responsibility for activities that arise and need to be taken care of. Dependability essential.
- Excellent proofreading skills with flexibility to adapt to new technology and various computer/software applications.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent computer and professional skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database management.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.