Our Business Client in Boston is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. This is a direct hire role.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to): Implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting, and identify potential areas for efficiency or improvement within existing processes.
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Skills Include (But are not limited to):
- BS or MS in a Related Field
- 5+ Years’ experience.
- Strong financial skills and understanding of financial tools and analysis preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience using financial systems preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; self-organized, flexible and experience managing multiple challenging projects simultaneously; team player with collaborative working style.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston