Our University Client in Boston is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst. Starting compensation for this role will not exceed 80K per year.
Responsibility include (but are not limited to):
- Independently perform and facilitate financial analysis for School on a large variety of issues.
- Provide analytical and quantitative analysis to support decisions related to the preparation of the annual budget, mid-year forecasts, and multi-year financial plans.
- Build and maintain models related to revenue, budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop and prepare reporting for use in financial planning.
- Functions as subject matter expert and/or project lead on School financial policies and reporting. Advises department/school on financial questions in support of financial processes using analytical and quantitative analysis.
- Implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting. Perform complex interim and year-end reporting. Responsible for ensuring general ledger balance reconciliations are supported.
- Management of all employee, student and temporary payroll to ensure timely and accurate payment. Responsible for time and labor reporting and customized payroll reports as needed
- Ensures financial compliance with University policies and procedures, and identifies and communicates possible areas of risk.
- Implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting, and identify potential areas for efficiency or improvement within existing processes.
Qualifications and Skills Include (But are not limited to):
- 5+ Years’ experience.
- Strong financial skills and understanding of financial tools and analysis preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience using financial systems preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; self-organized, flexible and experience managing multiple challenging projects simultaneously; team player with collaborative working style.