Our non-profit client in Boston is seeking a Special Events Coordinator. This role is due to start right to help run an event taking place in a few months. This is a contract role but for the right fit, there is an opportunity for a permanent role.
Responsibilities ( include but not limited to):
- Support the execution of the Event Plan leading up to the event including the day of and post-event follow up.
- Will report to the Director of Development and work with two interns and other Development staff.
- This person will manage relationships with in-kind sponsors, contractors, key leaders/volunteers and other individuals responsible for successful special events.
- Prior experience in events preferred.
- Working with third-party vendors.
- Coordinating volunteers is preferred.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor and a can-do attitude.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.