Our University (Engineering) client in Boston is looking for a focused and adaptable Sr. Administrative Assistant with a strong attention to detail and organizational skills as excellent flexibility to support a busy executive team. This is a contract role with the possibility of extension. This full-time position will be on-site. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and to begin is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and submit forms or packages related to faculty, research staff, and visitor appointments/reappointments
- Provide process support to faculty candidate search committees including setting up and attending search committee meetings, scheduling candidate interviews (video and in-person), booking travel, and organizing on-campus visits.
- Prepare new hire paperwork and visa documents; collate documentation needed for tenure and promotion, sabbaticals, leaves of absences, and terminations.
- Maintain departmental calendars accurately with particular attention to preventing scheduling conflicts
- Prepare meeting agendas; prepare and distribute information packages required for meetings; takes and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Manage space and equipment of the department; submit and track facility work order requests.
- Provide interpretation services and procedural guidance to international faculty candidates, research staff, and visiting scholars related to U.S. and home country immigration laws and associated documentation requirements.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with vendors, event honorees, and committees; negotiate contracts with both on and off-campus vendors.
- Collect data and maintain various databases related to the programs within the department.
- Enhance the organization and efficiency of the executive team in service of the greater university community.
- Additional administrative tasks as needed; may supervise other staff
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong, clear communication, both oral and written
- Excellent time management and multitasking, and the ability to work under pressure
- Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information.
- Must be a dedicated, independent, and innovative team player
- 3-5 years’ related experience, and experience in working with interdisciplinary teams
- B.A./B.S. (any field), advanced degree in business administration is a plus
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston