Our University (Library) client in Boston is looking for an adaptable, professional, detail-oriented Sr. Administrative Assistant to support one or more mid to senior-level managers. The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud (Particularly InDesign). This role is on-site and full-time. This is a contract role with the possibility of extension. Immediate availability to interview and to begin the role is needed. Only local candidates considered.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supports University Libraries’ leadership team in all administrative functions.
- Efficiently manages the flow of communications, including answering telephones and electronic messages;
greeting visitors with professional congeniality
- Coordinating logistics for meetings
- Reinforcing a professional standard on behalf of the Libraries’ leadership team
- Liaises and communicates effectively with University executives, faculty, staff, students, and visitors as needed to ensure optimal functioning of the Administrative Suite.
- Drafts, edits, and prepares deliverables with strong attention to detail, including slide presentations, spreadsheets, memoranda, reports, announcements, and other documents on behalf of the Libraries’ leadership team using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Collaborates with colleagues internal and external to the Libraries to prepare and execute Libraries’ virtual and in-person events, including staff trainings, addresses, and holiday and semester parties.
- With Libraries’ Business Services Unit, oversees event costs and ensures proper payment.
- Organizes and confirms all leadership team’s local, domestic, and international travel.
- Creates detailed online and print travel itineraries, organizes conference materials, and manages follow-up and expense reporting from various off-site engagements.
- Performs other ancillary duties as assigned consistent with these objectives.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- A completed bachelorʼs degree from an accredited United States university
- 1-3 years experience in administration or communication, preferably in a higher education setting
- Excellent written communication skills with substantive editorial experience
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism
- Highly organized, prompt, and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, use time effectively, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Acrobat and InDesign
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, respect, and inclusion.
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.