Our University (Medical) client in Boston is looking for a adaptable, professional, detail oriented Sr. Administrative Assistant with a strong sense of initiative and excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills who is comfortable with technology to support a busy executive team. This is a contract role with the possibility of extension. The role will be on-site for training, hybrid/remote after. Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information. Immediate availability to interview and to begin role is needed.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Assist and support tasks related to student records, course scheduling, verification of transcripts, thesis format review and other daily operations of this office
- Provide robust, strategic, and proactive administrative and project support to one or more mid to senior-level managers.
- Work in a diverse and more complex environment that includes frequent/continual customer contact in addition to interfacing with executives
- Performs more complex administrative activities including managing projects, composing letters and reports, preparing/editing presentations, and recommending or making purchase decisions
- Provides assistance and training to other administrative staff; may potentially supervise other staff
- Effectively manage the calendars of executive team members
- Enhance the organization and efficiency of the executive team in service of the greater university community.
- Prepare for team meetings, conferences, and other events on behalf of the department.
- Maintain confidentiality of all office documents
- Additional administrative tasks as needed
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Must exhibit discretion and professionalism in handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of foreign languages a plus
- Familiarity with federal privacy laws such as FERPA and HIPPA is preferred
- Experience in higher education, students services and/or familiarity with registrar office duties preferred
- B.A./B.S. (any field) with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.