Our University client in Boston is looking for a Sr./Research Administrator with strong written and verbal communication skills to support a busy university research community. This is a Direct Hire role. Please note that this is ONE (1) position with the flexibility to have the level be either Research Administrator (2-5 yrs. experience) or Senior Research Administrator (3-10 yrs experience). Salaries for RA level are $60-70K/year and salaries for Senior RA level are $70-$80K/year.
- Supports faculty and staff throughout the life-cycle of a funded project, including guidance with proposal preparation, proposal review and submission, award review and negotiation, post award non-financial management and close-out of the project.
- Ensures compliance with university and sponsor policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact for research active faculty and administrators regarding grant proposals and other research administration matters.
- Engages in a variety of initiatives ranging from systems implementation to policy and process development.
- Participates in efforts to improve and simplify research administration including serving on university committees, attending and presenting at internal forums and staying abreast of developments in the research administration arena.
- Additional duties as assigned
- BA/BS with a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience within the field of research administration/sponsored programs administration for the RA level, 3-5 years for the Senior RA.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with and knowledge of major federal/non-federal sponsors; federal circulars and typical administrative terms and conditions
- Experience with electronic grants administration systems such as grants.gov, eRA commons, Fastlane and similar systems
- Adaptable and comfortable with utilizing various information systems.
- Must be self-directed, possess good judgement and problem solving skills and be comfortable in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.