Our University client in Boston is looking for a Staff Accountant to provide financial support to a busy department. The start date for this role is pending. It is tentatively slated to start in late April/early May.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Create, maintain and understand accounting spreadsheets.
- Applies generally accepted accounting principles to prepare income and balance sheet statements and various other accounting statements and reports
- Prepares journal entries performs reconciliations and performs account analysis
- Audits various records to verify accuracy
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing by answering emails and phone calls
- Multitask with the different divisions/people within the department
- Additional administrative duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of MS Office programs
- Critical thinking, reasoning, and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- BA/BS in any field with 1-5 years of experience
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston