Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare and facilitate timely submission of grant proposals to both federal and non-federal sponsors.
- Communicate with faculty and subcontractors regarding grant forms and application processing procedures and deadlines.
- Responsible for the completion of all internal and sponsor forms and materials in compliance with sponsor guidelines.
- Work with faculty to develop proposal budgets and to revise award budgets as necessary and in accordance with sponsor requirements.
- Administer post-award budgets ensuring that funds are spent according to applicable guidelines.
- Reconcile accounts and track encumbered expenses.
- Review expenditures on grant accounts to ensure sufficient funding.
- Complete internal and sponsor forms and materials related to grant expenditures.
- Assist with financial and effort reporting, account set-up and closure, extensions, pre-awards, budget amendments, cost-share documentation, etc.
- Maintain electronic and paper files, lists of proposals and awards.
- Requires grants administration experience (must have developed at least 5 proposals and managed post-award accounting)
- Experience with FastLane and the grants.gov portal strongly preferred. Experience with Federal grants REQUIRED.
- B.A./B.S. (any field)
This job posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston.