Our Client, a Construction company located North of Boston (Essex County), is looking for a highly competent Project Manager to supervise and direct the operational and business processes for jobs.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Review needed material purchases with the Vice President.
- Determine where the laydown yard will be for projects, if required.
- Arrange for material shipments to either come to the Company Yard or to laydown yard.
- Attend pre-construction meetings with state agencies and/or general contractors.
- Ensure Certificates of Compliance and submittals are completed and provided to State Agencies and/or General Contractors.
- Ensure Dig safe tickets are active for the job upon arrival on site.
- Review the job with Foreman to ensure they understand the layout of the job and types of materials being used.
- Also, provide plans if needed, item list and all dig safe tickets for the job.
- Resolve any issues that arise on the job, with the State Agency, General Contractor or own company’s foreman.
- Review all Foreman Daily Reports for accuracy, locations, item numbers, material descriptions and footage.
- Answer any questions from Contract Administrator regarding foreman daily reports, such as “no Items” and any other miscellaneous questions they may have.
- Ensure all quantities appear on state estimates. Obtain estimates from State Agency and/or General Contractors. Maintain billing notes, i.e. overbillings, underbillings. Prepare numbers for invoicing and provide to the Contract Administrator.
- Prepare Extra Work Orders as required and provide required back up.
- Prepare Job Cost worksheets as requested for Vice President.
- Work with the Company Safety Director on any special requirements for PPE, fall hazards, dig safe issues, utility damages etc.
- Work with yard personnel for materials to be loaded on trucks for next day, if the material is coming out of our Methuen locations.
The work season is fast paced, you must be knowledgeable with Microsoft office package (Word, Excel, Email). You must be able to multi-task given the amount of projects on-going during the season. Great communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
Our Client Company offers benefits including medical/dental, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance after 30 days of employment, and 401K after 6 months.