Our client, a Boston-based government organization, has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant with excellent computer , scheduling (Outlook), and communication skills. The right individual will be customer focused, flexible, with a nice diplomatic demeanor when dealing with internal and external customers. The candidate must be very organized and detail oriented and used to working in a fast-paced office.
This is a full-time onsite contract position. Only local candidates will be considered. The position is a priority with a start time of mid-October, 2023.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Represents the senior leadership by welcoming visitors, reviewing and responding to correspondence, in addition to scheduling internal and external meetings with staff and stakeholders, using Outlook.
- Develops itineraries and agendas and submits and reconciles expense reports.
- Ordering of office supplies and equipment.
- General office organization and management.
- Completes projects and special assignments when directed to by managers and other senior level staff.
- Works to maintain a professional office setting by implementing all government organizational rules, policies, and protocols.
- Must be good at problem solving and resolutions.
- Produces and distributes correspondence, meeting minutes, memos, letters and other communications.
- Enhances the senior leadership by helping to carry out the organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree, preferred
- Must have at least 2+ years performing administrative roles and tasks
- Experience coordinating calendars using Outlook and scheduling meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization, problem solving and planning skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook as well as experience with a variety of software based systems.