Our Boston area non-profit client is looking for a great contract Office Manager who will be able to hit the ground running in this role. The right candidate will support the administrative staff with such tasks as document preparation and providing orientation documentation to new office staff, volunteers and interns. This is an on-site position with the possibility of a hybrid option. Only local candidates considered.
In addition, the Office Manager will:
- Manage supplies and shipping deliveries.
- Attend and document staff meetings.
- Provide general administrative support to the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Maintain board related documents; assists with scheduling board meetings, board minutes, sending out agendas and documents for meetings.
- Liaison with all other external vendors that provide services across programs, including general contractors, etc.
- Complete all agency ordering and purchases in accordance with fiscal policy.
- Maintain working relationships with community partners, members and volunteers.
- Complete other assignments and tasks as needed and as directed by the supervisor.
- Advocate for the mission of the organization and upholds agency values.
- The above duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive and may be modified to include other job-related duties at the discretion of the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate degree preferred
- Administrative experience
- MS Office proficiency
- Great organizational Skills
- Administrative experience
- Some knowledge of finances
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent leadership skills
(Monday thru Friday) with some opportunity to work hybrid
- Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner.
- Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner, and answer any questions visitors have.
- Maintain reception area and all common areas (conference rooms, kitchen, etc.).
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail; manage express deliveries (requests and
- organization) and courier services.
- Take inventory of supplies and restock as needed.
- Oversee all archiving & storage of drawings and documents.
- Handles various administrative requests from staff members.
- Coordinate services of the building management and cleaning staff and report deficiencies.
- Arrange for staff travel including rental cars, flights and hotels.
- Check for any lights out, order and replace with new lighting.
- Responsible for alarm system pass codes & office keys.
- Responsible for contract documentation for new projects.
- Provide support to Accounting as directed.
- Provide support to HR as relates to new hires; preparing new hire packets, providing new hires a tour of the office, as directed.
- Provide support to Operations as directed.
- Manage processing of vacation requests and record keeping.
- Arrange catering orders for meetings and events as requested.
To carry out this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily.
- Serve as a role model and mentor for others.
- Display ability to coordinate with all department managers, contributes to office knowledge and spirit in identifiable and demonstrated ways.identifiable and demonstrated ways.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Articulates ideas well in both verbal and written communication.
- Develop lasting relationships with clients, vendors and consultants, and build client loyalty.
- Continue to increase knowledge base to remain current and able to complete tasks efficiently.
- Show commitment to own education and advancement by seeking and completing training and education.