Our University client in Boston is looking for an Project Manager. This is a hybrid contract role which could transition into a permanent position.
The Project Manager is responsible for helping manage project setup and workflow for the University’s development communications (DevCom) team. The person in this position works closely with all DevCom staff members and other development colleagues. This duration of this position is not to exceed nine months.
Essential Functions: (May include, but would not be limited to those listed below.)
Project Management (essential):
• Oversee team project management by creating new projects on project management platform, updating status, and closing out projects with appropriate filing.
• Assist in definition of DevCom’s projects scope and timelines.
• Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
• Manage changes to project scope and schedule with team’s verification.
• Serve as note taker at project intake meetings and team meetings.
• Measure project performance using appropriate analytics and other tools.
• Manage relationships with freelancers, agencies, vendors, and interdepartmental stakeholders.
• Order supplies and keep supply areas organized.
• Maintain filing for printed and finalized digital projects.
• Proofread final print and digital pieces
• Write for internal online publication (Water Cooler)
• Write shorter pieces for print and digital communications
This position is assigned work by the Director of Development Communications.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Previous project management experience is essential. The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks on deadline is important. Excellent interpersonal skills required; must be able to work effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels within and outside the University. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary, especially Microsoft Excel; knowledge of additional project management software(s) ideal.
Project/Process Management: Advanced
Office/Administrative Support: Intermediate
Equipment Operation: NA
Written and Oral Communications: Advanced
Hybrid – 3 days onsite/2 days remote
Could go from Contract Temporary to Permanent position