Do you have what it takes to be the best Research Events Coordinator?
Our client, a Boston-based University, has an immediate need for an Research Events Coordinator to manage and oversee the planning, organizing, implementation and support of research conferences and workshops for external domestic and international attendees hosted or sponsored by faculty, or other research-related events (e.g. high-level government representative visits to campus).
The right candidate will be responsible for managing the event from beginning to end on time, on budget, and for delivering event logistics that provide a positive brand experience to attendees. This is a full-time hybrid Temp-to-perm contract position. Only local candidates considered. The position is a priority with an immediate start time.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Working with conference hosts/organizers to understand event objectives and requirements.
- Proactively researching and recommending event plans.
- Developing detailed project plans and schedules.
- Negotiating and processing contracts and procurement.
- Budget planning/management and expense tracking/reporting.
- Advance logistics such as booking onsite space and offsite venues, room set up, catering, A/V, hotel blocks, transportation, signage, registration, promotion and website development.
- During-event support/execution, including overseeing support staff, volunteers, and student implementation teams that are assisting with events.
- Post-event evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills by completing various overlapping tasks to meet critical deadlines for multiple complex events.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and possess high levels of customer service and professionalism, particularly in stressful situations.
- The position requires occasional night and weekend work.