Employers Have Choices Too! Part Three of Three Part Series
As we mentioned in the previous two parts of this series, employers certainly have choices when it comes to utilizing the services of a qualified staffing firm to accommodate their specific employment needs.
Whether you require a temporary contract employee or the next superstar Direct Hire to lead a particular project or division, staffing agencies can help with all of your needs. Seasoned professionals can also provide you with some great insight into the dynamics of today’s market and what is going on with the current candidate pool.
In order to get the most out of your experience, here are a few tips and in order to have all your staffing needs successfully met.
Your Needs And Preparations
- Prior to reaching out to an agency, determine what your long and short term goals are in terms of staffing needs. Are you looking for someone for a limited period of time, or for a specific project? Or, do you want to make a long-term investment in the right Direct Hire candidate?
- Do you need to fill a permanent position but first want to see how a particular individual will perform the tasks and duties, or how they will fit in with the rest of the team?
- Have you found someone that you want to bring onto your organization but cannot do so because there is a hiring freeze or not enough funds in this year’s annual budget to outright hire a full-time employee with full benefits?
- Are you in need of a new employee to either replace an existing staff member or fill a void that was left by another worker who had left?
- Once you have defined your needs do look for a reputable staffing firm which is able to accommodate those requirements. Whether it is a remote worker – which staffing firms need a specific type of insurance for – or an extra layer of expertise in order to identify and recruit the best Direct Hire candidate, staffing agencies can be an extremely beneficial resource for any public or private organization.
Job Description and Organizational Culture
- In order to get the right person for a specific post, clients should provide staffing firms with a well-thought out quality job description detailing the tasks and responsibilities a candidate will be expected to perform in the position.
- Providing a glimpse into an organization’s specific culture is another means of having the best person who will fit in with the rest of the team. For example, if an entity is searching for a very dynamic individual who will be interacting with many others throughout the course of the day, you may want to let the staffing firm know about this type of setting. That way, an agency will be able to identify those candidates who thrive and are very comfortable in that situation. By the same token, if the job requires a person to work independently and with little interaction with others, by knowing this circumstance, a staffing firm can recruit those types of individuals who work well independently and do not require a lot of contact with others.
- If you are looking for a temporary contract worker who you may want to transition into a permanent placement, letting the staffing firm know this beforehand is essential. That way, Recruiters can identify and individuals who will not only be available for the duration of a specific contract, but also those candidates who may be open to the possibility of potentially moving into to a permanent post.
Forging a true partnership with a qualified, credentialed firm such as Contemporaries, Inc. can be one of the most effective and cost efficient methods for organizations to meet all their staffing needs. In addition to ensuring that the client is happy and satisfied with the match, we also pride ourselves in placing candidates on assignments where they will be able to grow, flourish and succeed.
Image retrieved from Pixabay under the public domain.
This posting is brought to you by Contemporaries Inc., one of the best temp agencies in Boston MA. Also available for payrolling employees in Boston and Greater Boston
Thank You Boston Candidates and Clients for 25 Great Years!
Many new exciting and interesting happenings occurred in 1998. Bill Clinton was President, while Newt Gingrich was the Speaker of the House. It was a time when the blockbuster hit, Titanic, dominated the Oscars as well as movie theaters and became the first picture to...
Contemporaries Named One of Best Staffing Agencies in Boston for 2023
Boston_ Ringing in the New Year is not just a one-day celebration. It also is a time to think about making future changes for the better, personally and professionally. If you are a business owner or decision maker in search of top talent, or a job seeker looking for...
All Staffing Firms Are Not the Same When it Comes to Placements
The standards for staffing agencies, when selecting a candidate for a specific position, may differ slightly, to drastically, depending on the types of job, the client, the length of assignment, as well as how the Recruiter is compensated. Traditionally, a firm may...
What Staffing Agencies Look for in Candidates
Do you want to know the secrets to making a great impression on a staffing agency Recruiter? Here are a couple of tips as well as insight on what Recruiters are looking for. First, they want the type of candidate who will take their job search activities seriously and...
Employers Have Choices Too! Part Two of Three Part Series
Staffing choices can have massive ramifications to a public or private organization. Hiring the wrong individual may cost a company millions while making a great hire could lead to a vast increase in profits as well as other invaluable benefits such as positive brand...
Employers Have Choices Too! Part One of Three Part Series
Decades ago, public and private organizations turned to staffing firms mainly to fill temporary gaps when full-time employees were out, a project required more staff, or to help an employer catch up with day to day operations. Employees could find themselves working...
Starting and Leaving a Job Professionally is Crucial For Long Term Success
In today’s market, unlike in past years, there are many new and unique work opportunities for job seekers. Previously, individuals would have to “pay their dues” before moving up the success ladder. That is not the case today in the Greater Boston area as well as the...
Secrets to Snagging a Contract Opportunity And a Better Career Future
Very few people are able to secure their dream job or even a regular position as soon as they graduate from high school, vocational school, or higher ed. Unless your degree is from an ivy league university or you are someone who has worked in a particular field...
A Thank You to Contemporaries CEO Donna Fitzgerald (From The Staff)
On February 2, 1998 Contemporaries, Inc. quietly celebrated its 24th year anniversary. The Boston-based staffing firm began as the vision of President and CEO Donna Fitzgerald who spent a decade in the industry before launching her own small business. Rather than...
Designing A Successful Resume: Build It, Send It, Land It (The Job!)
The first thing you’ll hear as a Contemporaries job seeker, when posing the question, “How do I get a job?” is start by sending your resume. This is the initial step. Then, as some of you reading this may know, we check with our team on jobs we are tasked with filling...
It goes without saying that our current world is filled with many prisms and perspectives. Most workplaces are filled with diverse individuals who come from different backgrounds and bring with them various beliefs, opinions, and ideologies. While you may see...
New Year, New Thoughts: Simple Substitutions For a Successful 2022
We made it to January. January 2022. Although we suspect The Holidays brought quality family time and joy to many of you, the Contemporaries Team also recognizes the stress of the immediate world and wishes to take a moment to release you from the pressure of...
It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of Year To…Stream Holiday Movies!
It’s hard to believe that Christmas, and the Holiday Season are upon us already. It’s been quite a challenging few weeks for many, and our team at Contemporaries, Inc., wishes you a healthy and happy holiday season, no matter what you’re celebrating. So, we are going...
Progress Not Perfection: How To Navigate New Year Resolutions
As the year winds down (didn’t it seem to just fly by?) it becomes natural and societally encouraged to reflect on the last 365 days, as well as goals for the New Year. While these reflections can often feel forced and can come with undue pressure (think New Year’s...