Our Client, a prestigious local University in Boston, is looking for an excellent Executive Assistant to provide and guide advanced administrative support directly to the Senior Vice President (SVP) for Operations. A key responsibility will be assisting in the daily operations of the office staff. In addition to aiding the SVP, the right candidate will also be working with a number of high-level administrative professionals. This is a full-time contract on-site position. Only local candidates will be considered.
This position shares responsibilities and projects with the Office Manager who assists the Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities, and maintaining strict confidentiality.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain and Monitor all executives’ calendars, including conference room calendars, schedule meetings making complex scheduling arrangements to include, catering, media, and travel.
- Oversee the daily operations in the office suite of the Senior Vice President for Operations and also in the suite of the Vice President for Budget, Planning and Business Affairs.
- Make decisions regarding the acquisition of goods and services for all the departments at both locations, works closely with trades services to resolve issues and problems, arranges all internal moves.
- Assist with and support projects by initiating shopping carts, paying invoices, and download reports as needed and directed.
- Assist in special projects, prepare various documents for presentation at senior level meetings and other duties as needed. Handle highly confidential information on a regular basis with discretion and judgement.
- Responsible for monitoring, processing, tracking all expenditures that are directly related to the Senior Vice President for Operation’s office budget, professional fees budget, miscellaneous budget, and all Budget, Planning and Business Affairs budget accounts. Responsible for ensuring budgets are reconciled on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in office support and administrative management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with confidential materials
- Excellent customer service and phone etiquette
The schedule for this position is 9 am – 5 pm, Mondays – Fridays. There is no remote work option.